SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

two daylilies and other things

Cindy zone 6a
12 years ago

Well, I actually had two daylilies blooming today, a stella, and Sitting on a Cornflake is still blooming away, and it opens fully even with the cool mornings and rain. it is amazing.

Exotic Echo is also still blooming and pushing up more scapes!! It also looks alot different as it seems kinda washed out. That seems to happen with the really late reblooms. But still happy to see it.

Here is Babe, he is growing fast, has almost caught up to Whiskey!!! He is a joy to have and he stays close by. He is in the dwarf cherry tree.

Here is Bowie walking across the yard, This was taken today, and I did rake all the leaves yesterday!! Guess I will just chalk that up to getting some exercise! LOL

When these dry out , I will start to shred them to use as mulch.

Last weekend was wonderful, and my bulbs came and they were all planted. This was the smallest bulb order I have ever received. I got 25 light blue Hyacinth, 3 Pinball Wizard Allium, which is a giant blue allium, and 100 of the allium azureum, which is a tiny, but bright blue allium that blooms in June. 50 light blue muscari, and 20 pink muscari!! Hope they are really pink, we shall see!!

Here is Whiskey, checking it all out, it was his first bulb planting day and he followed all around checking my work!

I am working on the new bulb bed, that will be planted next fall. I am doing the lasagne method here. I know Rita does this and has good results. I did chop up the soil a bit to get out large roots, and cement left from a swing set that was here. I covered it with newspaper, sprayed it down with the hose, then I am adding layers of straw, compost,shredded leaves, peat, milorganite ( I read that milorganite would be great for the bulbs, when it is done in a layering method that will sit for a spell) Also throwing potting mix in from my potted annuals, Hopefully the earth worms will do all the work for me, and it will be ready to plant next fall!!!!

The mums are blooming nicely, here are the lavender ones that always bloom last. I do mulch these in very heavily with shredded leaves, and do not cut them back until spring, So far, I have had great luck with the mums returning every year.

Just a few fall pics to close out. Oh, thanks for looking at my blog!! Cindy

Comments (11)