SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Catch up in the garden.

newyorkrita
14 years ago

As of now the last garden chores before winter are to redo afew markers that need redoing as they are getting faint. I redid most as I went along moving them this summer so that I would not have to do them later but at the end got sloppy and left some. I should get to that tomorrow.

Still lots of mulching left to do although I have been doing mulching. Whatever I decided to do with straw I started and will be getting bags of fall leaves to stread around also but its too early here, none to be had yet.

We still have not had a frost here which is fine by me. But its been either cold, rainy or windy these past two weeks and only today did we have a nice sunny day. Cool but much better than it has been lately.

I have gotten the last of everything planted that had been sitting around. Like 2 potted roses and all the daffodil bulbs. I am really glad that I did not buy more bulbs. Not that I don't love the look in the spring, I just didn't feel up to planting more this fall. I will have to do better next year but at least these will brighten things up in early spring.

I also put some Belgium Blocks around the first tier of Tall Bearded Iris that I had planted out in front. When I dropped the blocks there meaning to fix it in the summer but didn't get to it until fall. It looks good and means I can build upon that and put another tier of iris. I still have some I want to move from my Tower Square Garden. Will be doing that come spring. Will also be working on finishing that Tall Bearded iris row in the backyard come spring.

I really am trying to have less to do in spring than usual but less doesn't mean I don't have lots of work still needs doing come late March and early April. Just as long as I don't have to do much all summer long, I will be happy.

Another thing done here is that those REALLY BIG rocks that have sat around here forever got carted away and that makes me so happy. I found a guy here locally that wanted them but had to wait until he could arrange for a friend with a truck and a forklift but they showed up today and loaded those rocks. They are gone from here and all I can think of its HURRAH!!!!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus