SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albaby_gw

Miami area - retail recommendations for common plants?

albaby
13 years ago

This Sunday is Planting Day for me, my first with a real garden plan and a more prepared planting area. I'm looking forward to it! I started many of the plants from seed back in July, so I've got young plants for squash, sweet peppers, eggplants (Ping Tung and Ichiban), cantelop, and a variety of tomatos (Green Zebra, Cherokee Purple, Yellow Pear, Lemon Boy, and Sweet 100's). The beans will just get seeded in the ground.

However, there's a bunch of plants that I just intend to get at a local nursery on the day of. Basic common herbs (parsley, basil, dill, etc.), cucumbers, one last tomato (prob. Best Boy), and the Sacrificial Marigolds that my two-year-old daughter will pick instead of the veggies.

Normally, I just head over to the local Home Depot - the closest Big Box to my house. But does anyone have any recommendations for a nursery/retail shop that might be a significantly better option that's not too far from the Downtown Miami area? I know that there's great nurseries down by Homestead, but I don't really need enough plants to make it worth traveling all that way.

Alan

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida