SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cena_gw

Photo Gallery not in use, so...

Cena
19 years ago

I figured I would have more responses here anyway. Not sure WHY everyone quit posting photos, but I'm a SomeTimer here anyway, so.

I repotted my H. kerrii today. The largest plant had been trained upwards, tied to a bamboo stake. When I let the twist ties loose, the plant creaked and, well, cracked. I immediately saw white sap coming from the stems. I washed it down. Then repotted it. I placed three plants in a hanging, self water pot. I had to do something with these plants, they were leaping off shelves, and trying to commit suicide. Narrowly missed a couple of dives towards the floor they were so top heavy and unstable.

So, here are some pictures.

Since this is such a large pot, I combined three plants.

You can see on the left side stems, the bend that I am concerned about.

This is a BAD picture, but it shows the plant in entirety. No help for the orientation, I just need classes.

I'm wondering how those stems will do. They were weeping sap in lots of spots. Do I need to get an antifungal and spray down those areas? Keep an eye on stuff and look for, what?

Has anyone else changed orientation of vines before? Any problems? The bits of plants that I put together all are in good shape, until I let them flex and drop.

I had no idea how to control this plant growing upwards, and felt that a hanging vine was a more natural orientation. All suggestions are welcome, as well as all observations and comments.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner