SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

A couple more from the past couple of days-pics

Julia WV (6b)
12 years ago

It turned very cool at night (40's F) and some of the daylilies are still chugging along. Found a few more scapes with buds but October is just around the corner so we shall see which ones make it.

KIOWA SUNSET - still has several buds to open

{{gwi:960548}}

SOMETHING MARVELOUS - more pinkish on the edges but the cool night temps are not stopping it from opening.

{{gwi:960549}}

GEECHEE SUNSET - yes, another scape and started a few days ago but I only got a pic today. Looks like it doesn't like the cooler temps.

{{gwi:960550}}

KAREN SUE - sent up a scape this late in the season and opened today.

{{gwi:960551}}

DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU - I really like this one and if next year it puts out the same amount of scapes and buds as this year it will be a stunner in the garden.

{{gwi:960552}}

WORTH IT ALL - 1 more bud to go. I photographed this one on 2 different days. Seems like the cool night temps kept the blooms from dying off quickly. First photo is when it first opened early in the morning. Second pic is the next day when it still holds although the petals and sepals aren't as much color.

{{gwi:960553}}

{{gwi:960554}}

MEMORABLE KISS - trying to open yesterday morning. Brrrrr, it was really cold.

{{gwi:960555}}

This is a seedling which sent up a scape about 2 weeks ago. It is from a cross of DARLA ANITA X WILD IRISH. Poor thing was so cold.

{{gwi:960556}}

I have scapes waiting to open on DARLA ANITA, DILEMMA,WISEST OF WIZARDS, WESTMINSTER LACE and EMPEROR'S CHOICE . VICTORIAN LACE is trying to open again today but I doubt it will fully open. These have all been here at minimum 2 seasons with others being 4 seasons. EMPEROR'S CHOICE really surprised me. Never has it sent up a scape this late. Probably if I keep up with clearing out the dead scapes I may find more. But it is time to cut DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU and bring the scapes inside.:-(.

Julia

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!