SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joy_unspeakable_gw

Veg Beef Soup - (Digdirt)

joy_unspeakable
14 years ago

Dave - I did not want to hijack the 'What have you put up thread' with lots of questions so I started a new thread. Your cabinet full of canned goods was LOVELY. You will surely eat well this winter! What recipe do you use for your Vegetable Beef Soup. It looks exactly like what I would like to have for a cold winters day.

I was also looking through a few threads on canning venison. If I'm not mistaken, you were one of the one's who does so - suggested chucks in beef broth I think. How do you prepare yours when serving?

I was also thinking of making deer chili from the chili recipe in the BBB. I know you and I had discussions on my vegetable soup starter, about it needing to be 1/2 solids and 1/2 liquids. This seems like a stupid question to me, but the same does not hold true for chili does it? (Then it wouldn't really be chili, it would be chili soup). I get confused sometimes, because the concept behind the chili and the soup seems the same. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your input. And by all means, everyone chime in, it's just that digdirts lovely canning cabinet got me started!

~ Tracy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer