SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pirate_girl

Watch Me Eat My Words

pirate_girl
17 years ago

Well, for the woman who said she'd never buy an EA Hoya, pass over that serving of crow ...

Tonight, feeling a bit blue, I went to my favorite Plant Store in Brooklyn & was checking out the plants, hoping for a couple of Hoyas to cheer me up. Thought perhaps I'd try another Compacta, even looked at a couple of Carnosa tri-colors (a/k/a Krimson Princess).

Suddenly, I looked up next to them & lo & behold there was a BIG pot of Polyneura, full, lush, healthy & gorgeous! Only one there, for $16.99 (8" pot). So excited, had to have it! Only after I got it home did I look at the tag w/ the vendor gave me as she packed it for me. EA, tag correctly says Polyneura.

Tag gives nicely conflicting info.: a big circle says "HIGH LIGHT" yet the rest of the tag advises:

Origins: Himalaya, India

Grow in indirect or curtain-filtered bright light, but never in direct sun. Keep soil moderately dry btwn thorough waterings. Keep warm -- never below 60 degrees. Feed every other month w/ 20-20-20 fertilizer when soil is moist.

Am remembering that someone here (either Leon or Hill) said he immediately removes the attached saucer from EA Hoyas, so while it's moist I ripped that off. I removed one rooted stem that whose roots were half sticking out of the mix & pottd that separately.

Looking for care suggestions, anybody ... Denise??? (Got yr. EM, will respond over wknd, but thx for that ID!) (The one you've swapped me unfortunately dried out pretty quickly & died).

Oh, incidental other purchases, a small Gardenia w/ one bloom & a few fat buds & one small but gorgeous Begonia w/ pretty leaves that are marked w/ fuschia, apple green & dark burgundy. All for $31 & change, which he gave me for $28.

Yippee -- Happy almost Spring everybody!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions