SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Anyone's Hoyas Springing Back To Life Yet?

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Haven't been around lately due to all the winter sowing I've been doing plus my hoyas are sleeping somewhat. I *think* Pink Silver might bloom this year. I repotted it in a smaller clay pot back in November, been forgetting to water it lately (it was the dryest of all my plants next to carnosa (Nikki) and I have Red Buttons and Royal Hawaiian Purple on homemade humidity trays-piepans with gravel from the driveway in them. They seem to enjoy it!) you know, the right things to do to make a hoya bloom. Nikki and the pubicalyxes are the only ones that's been sprouting vines off and on all winter long. I'm hoping she'll bloom for me this year too. Nummularoides looks like it's now finishing it's bloom period for the year (bloomed non-stop since I bought it back in December). My Epi. oxypetalum is lush and green and my TC is blooming again too (not as many flowers and one looks like it'll bloom any day now). Whew! Lots going on!

Has anyone started to feed their plants yet? I've been giving mine a mix of epsom salts and peroxide mixed with water these past few waterings.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor