SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tannatonk23_fl_z9a

Here's what I've been up to (pics)

tannatonk23_fl_z9a
15 years ago

Hi everyone! I've been so busy with job hunting and family I haven't been visiting our forum much. Check in now and then but just have not had time to post. Sorry if this is off topic but I will include a few pics of my gardens.

I was all ready to let the gardens go until fall when we got a break from the heat so I managed to get a bunch of weeding and trimming done. Things are looking good and I'm ahead of the game. lol!

My son and his family were here from Texas for 3 weeks in July. What a great time we had!!! Zack and Beca have both been in the Air Force for about 10 years and are stationed at Sheppard AFB in Witchia Falls. Zack is an instructor there (A-10 aircraft) and Beca is a dental assistant. My grandson Tyler will be two in September and he took my heart with him back to Texas. He is a doll! Here he is trying a lime. He'll try anything once!

The guys got a lot of fishing time in but had a hard time chasing bass. They caught three gators in about 30 minutes so gave up on the bass. (no gators were harmed!)

{{gwi:921116}}

Here is a stained glass panel that I finally finished! Been working on this off and on since the first of the year.

The hoya australis on the left is growing like crazy! Ditto on the epi oxypetalum on the right.

A couple of days ago there were dozens of butterflies flitting around so I grabbed the camera and practiced patience, which is in short supply these days. lol!

My "Dancing Ladies" globba ginger is blooming for the first time!

And I just love this Brazilian Plume (justicia carnea).

Thanks for letting me share with you. Hope to be back more regularly soon.

~Betsy

Comments (12)