SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some Roses Out, making room for daylilies in.

newyorkrita
15 years ago

Since I had the guys here this morning for afew hours working on trimming my trees and some hedges, I decided to cheat and get a head start on my ideas for more daylilies. Had them dig up 19 roses. Some of the dug up roses were immediately replanted in a spot were I had some of those 19 dug up so that means 6 were actually transplanted to new (for them) spots and the rest were totally gone. The boss landscape guy is taking 6 I think home and planting them for his wife.

But I had decided that the two groupings of 6 each to make twelve roses on the left hand side of the front yard were going to be removed as I want to go with my original plan of doing that side of the yard in daylilies. For some reason I put those roses in there even in the past two years and I just have never been as pleased with it as I wanted to be. I decided the heck with it, I am just going to do it the way I wanted to all along.

Heres the left hand side of the front yard.

Moving in so you can see in back of those (annual) huge four o'clock hedges. 6 roses dig out of this top part here.

Looking right. The messed up soil section in back of the row of bulb lillies are were the other batch of 6 roses were dug out from.

Here is a view of the whole thing from the street. To see what I am doing on the other side see my older post that I added to about planning for a new daylily garden.

Stepping up closer you see the relocation garden.

Then the empty row, (left of relocation garden) future home to two rows of daylilies.

In front of that row of lillies is going two more rows of daylilies. The front most row will be of the Mary Jane Meadows intros I just bought the other day at the Lily Auction. Those four o'clocks will come out (annual anyway) and you can't tell but there is room there for two rows of daylilies were they are in front of the row of bulb lillies.

So all in all plans for 4 rows of new (do not yet have) daylilies. Then the end part there will get two or three moved clumps and I will see how I will do and what I will do with the leftover space. If I make those other rows long enought, there really will not be much or any leftover space.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting