SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy_fl_gardener

vegetable highlight: Seminole Pumpkin

I have grown calabaza in the past but this year I planted the Seminole pumpkin seeds that Silvia shared with me earlier in the spring. After eating a few of them recently, I prefer the Seminole pumpkin. When I baked the squashes, I found the Seminole pumpkin to be less watery and sweeter. I hope to get lots more before frost.

Everyone that received Cucuzzi seeds from me also received some Seminole pumpkin seeds. If you have the room, they are worth growing. I picked another pumpkin tonight to show you what they look like. I usually wait until they turn a little more tan in color. On the left is a pot of Pumpkin Bisque (soup) and on the right is baked pumpkin with a touch of honey. It looks like a sweet pie but it isn't. Hubby says that I could serve him pumpkin every night!

How do you like to serve your pumpkin style squashes? I'll post the recipes if someone wants them. The bisque is delicious. It has some sauteed carrot and onion in there too. Supposed to have a little cream in there but I used it up with the last batch of bisque.

Silvia, I bet you have some really good ideas.

If anyone wants some Seminole pumpkin seeds I saved some more.

Christine

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting