SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mhhess

Potted Herbs

mhhess
16 years ago

We love to cook, so this spring my boyfriend finally found herbs and planted a bunch in little plastic pots so we could use them in cooking. We had basil, oregano, thyme, lime basil, cilantro and mint. Unfortunately, it seems I've managed to kill most of them. I'm not the best with plants, but I have been doing better, so I don't know what the problem is. I think the plastic pots must have been a bad idea, and hope to try and repot what is still alive in larger terracotta pots. They were in a West facing window with the rest of my plants. I water most of my plants every week, but have been watering the herbs (esp. the basil) every couple of days because they always seem to be drying out. Any advice? Particularly with soil and such when initially potting (whats the best thing to do for drainage?)? I just need a good crash course in potted herbs for the indoors. And i don't have anywhere outside to put them (I'm a college student with no balcony, and I do not trust my neighbors). THANKS!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting