SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tasymo

Growing Ginseng

tasymo
16 years ago

My Maternal Great Grandmother used to raise Herbs to sell to the local Doctors and Mid-wives in her area. One of the Herbs that was her mainstay was Ginseng. I wish I knew more about her methods. While visiting my Sister a couple of weeks ago, we were sitting back in her little woodlot chatting and I had this sudden intense feeling that the place we were sitting was perfect for growing Ginseng. Now both my Sister and I have always had a fascination with Herbs and had been checking out my Herbal books earlier, so I was definitely in an "Herbal frame of Mind" when this happened. I blurted out, "You could grow Gensing here!" in the middle of our conversation! Now I'd really like to find out if my revelation was true. We looked around and discovered alot of what I'm certain is Blue Cohosh growing in that area. Does anyone here know if Gensing and Blue Cohosh like the same conditions? The spot has constant dappled shade and rich black dirt that seems to have decent drainage. I would love to start a Gensing patch out there. The funny thing is, my Sister's place is on a wood lot in the middle of the City of Lansing!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths