SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Your favorite Turkey leftovers use!

Janice
14 years ago

We had our Thanksgiving on Friday--we always do because we've volunteered to let our daughters

be with their inlaws for 'the day'! It really doesn't matter what day to be 'thankful' in gathering family

together, as long as it's 'some' day, right?

So, I am working on Turkey soup! I ALWAYS immediately throw the carcass into a pot of water and let

it start cooking while we eat and let it simmer the rest of the evening, then set it outside (if temps are low

enough) to allow the fat to surface and become easily removed.

Then, the fun begins--anything in the refrig. is fair game. I actually threw in left-over macaroni & cheese,

killer mashed potatoes, stuffing and I should have added the salad that was left, too! Hmmm--must

remember that next year!!

After skimming the fat, and removing the bones as the pot of soup stock begins to heat up, I added a couple

of beef boullion and chicken bouillions, a whole onion, chunked, tarragon, ground up some nutmeg, some fresh

oregano(couple of types) still thriving outdoors and fresh chives, more spices and so far YUUUMMMMM!!!

So what to do now? I guess I'll wind up adding some cubed sweet potatoes (not leftover but raw) and some noodles

in an hour or so, and maybe some white niblet corn, at the very last--and maybe some of the half & half I have left!

So, any suggestions to further sweeten my pot?

And what are you doing with your leftovers?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert