SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
genghisken

Rosemary dying

14 years ago

Hi, I've checked out several posts for advice and made some adjustments to my Rosemary already and still looks like it's suffering. Seems like it dying from the base up.

Some info:

- my rosemary is planted in a decent size container with a drain hole at the bottom

- I've been watering every other day only cuz when I put my finger in the soil, it doesn't feel moist until it reaches my middle knuckle (about 2 inches down). I've read that I should only water 1-2 times per week but I don't want the soil to dry out too much

- temperature in zone 8 is pretty mild, about 80F and get about 6 hrs of sun/day

- I tested the soil pH and came in around 6.0 so acidity is about right

- soil is a mix of potting soil, sea soil, vermiculite, and some coconut coir. Drainage doesn't seem to be an issue.

- I also added a small amount of fertilizer (mix of blood meal, bone meal, epsum salt) a few weeks ago. I now realize from other posts I prob shouldn't have as they like nutrient poor soils.

Should I change the soil? Or should I be patient and give it more time to recover? I also read about pinching leaves at the base. Would this help as well? Any additional advice would be great! Thanks!

Click on the link below to view pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:899155}}

Comments (13)