SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

While in Hibernation--what are you doing for fun?

Janice
15 years ago

I'm really getting addicted to some games I find online, and ultimately purchase if I really like them.

For instance, I purchased a 'bejeweled' type of game, recently that enables me to win game $$$

that I in turn use to populate an aquarium, with fish, decorations and important life-sustaining

items--such as feeders, heaters, lighting etc. It's very addictive for me. It's a very high-resolution

type of graphics and game and the music is really great--not so panicky as many timed games tend to be!

It is really fun and relaxing (for me) to sit and watch the fish swim about amongst the waving greenery

in the personally designed aquariums I've created! A very cool *pay-off* for winning the games!

I also enjoy the 'seek and find' games where items are hidden in scenes and you are given a list of what to find!

Some of these can have very outstanding graphics and resolution while others are pretty poor! Thankfully, what

I've obtained are of the excellent type!

In the 'seek and find' games I have are also very complex brain teaser puzzles that you have to figure out,

on your own, as to what they are wanting you to do and what to achieve. Some of the 'teasers' I've done

very well at solving, some take me more times to try and some I've just not figured out, at all----YET, but

I'm fairly tenacious when I set my mind to something and hopefully I will crack them ALL one day!!!

I definitely see, that many of these games sharpen me. I can think faster and solve them much faster

as I continue doing them. I also find they are helping me with my memory and focusing during the day!

So, that is my justification--I'm improving my skills, concentration, memory and still having fun doing it!!

I have tons of jewelry-making material, complete with all that is required to make my own faux stones, etc.

but during the day I am currently working on the 'big-boy' room for our one grandson, since little brother

is due to arrive any day now, unfortunately in a breech position so far!

I've stripped and repainted several pieces of OLD furniture and my hubby made a 'toddler' bed (that I designed)

which can use his crib mattress! I really like how it turned out! I need to take a pic. of the pieces and show

you what's been done.

Right now, I'm making the valances for the two windows and also painting additional tables for the room,

hubby built and will be doing my FIRST reupholstering project, an old rocker (for the big-boy room) my

mother found and had planned on restoring before she died, but didn't get to do, obviously. I know that she

never dreamed I'd be doing that work and that it would be used in her 'great' grandson's room!! I find that

a very comforting thought and really wish she could see what has transpired with our daughters since she and

my Dad's death in that car accident!!

I'm presently waiting on a couple of reupholstering books, that I ordered, to arrive before I continue

removing the fabric that has been partially removed by my mother. I know to use those pieces as pattern

pieces but removing the nasty little upholstering nails (really sinking into the 'cherry' wood) is a bear so far,

EVEN with the appropriate tool!!!

All that to say, I play the games at night when I can't see so well to do any sewing or jewelry making!

The jewelry-making is on hold, right now, because of the other projects.

And, we've yet to lay the laminate flooring in our family room--laminate because of the dog toe-nails

being something that is very damaging to the real wood flooring!! :o( Hopefully, we will get that done

before Spring, but I'm not holding my breath! Long sighhhhhh!

SO--what are YOU doing to while away the hours till Springtime??

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz