SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawn_freak

Please allow me to Introduce myself

lawn_freak
18 years ago

My name is Eric aka lawn freak and I am a pure blood suburbanite Mcmansion living , SUV driving , chinese take out eatin, blockbuster movie rentin fool. I recently bought my " Mcmansion" ( I think thats hilarious - 1st I.ve seen or heard of that terminology - lol ) in Hartville Ohio. Now you may or may not have heard of Hartville , but around here its known as " country". There is a large Menonnite / Amish population that have worked the land , mainly feed corn and hay for years ( centuries probably ) and have little by little sold out to the developers and hence I have arrived.

Not being particularly used to following a tractor down the street on my hasty way to work at 8:00 ish am with my 10 million degree Starbucks double latte -, nor parking next to one( the tractor - not the latte ) at the supermarket, in the 2 years since I've moved out here , I must admit I have been smitten. Now dont get me wrong - I still prefer to buy my steaks already dead , but I have moved away from the Mega plex supermarkets and have been instead patronizing the locally owned , locally farmed and locally raised butcher shop and produce stands. There are lot of things I like about living in the country, but there is one thing I just can't figure out. That is why is that peole call the " farming " life " simple" living and the city life not simple living. It seems to me that the opposite is true. Farming is no simple matter, tending to fields, adjusting to weather patterns, water run off, sun angle, tending to animals, feeding raising and " freezing " them, and growing all of the different things that , well, you all grow is alot more complicated than living the get it now, bigger is better super sized , super fast tv coma world of the city. So perhaps you could explain that to me.

Anyway - I think what you all are doing or are aspiring to do is commendable and I think awesome. If I could convince the princess of a wife and talk the babies out of there daycare , kindercare surrogate I would love to live off the land as you all do. Tii then I will live vicariously through the internet at the speed of light all the time wondering what it smells like to you as you type me back :-)

LF

Comments (2)

Sponsored