SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noeyw

My first daylily blooms, and some ID help please

noeyw
15 years ago

I have nowhere near the time, nor the number of daylilies, of those of you who bless us daily with pics. Of the two dozen daylilies that I have, only about a quarter of them were in the ground early enough to flower last year, so the anticipation is killing me. Everything, except a few of this spring's arrivals, has scapes - YAY!! - but I'm still at least a week away from most blooms. But here are a few of mine that I have been waiting so patiently for.

Charles Johnston - new this year

Strutter's Ball - new this year (and yes, I realize that I should cut scapes off plants this new, and I did for two that put them up less than two weeks after I planted them, but I can't bring myself to do it on the rest)

Stella & Black-Eyed Stella clump

Alley Cat Blues

And finally, I got this daylily from my grandmother by mistake. She brought me a couple of clumps of beautiful, white, minimally invasive campanula, and after it finished blooming last year, I realized there was a daylily in it too. It has been relocated, but I have no idea what it is. Certainly something old. Any ideas? It's not a great shot due to lighting, but it's pretty true to life except that I think there was more of a peach cast to the petals.

And I don't post much, but I sneak on almost daily from work to check out everyone's blooms, so thank you to all of you who are able to share your gardens with me!

Comments (4)