SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrstrace

Hibiscus leaves look deformed

mrstrace
15 years ago

Hello,

I have a perennial hibiscus plant in my outdoor garden that has been doing well for the past four or so years. I have noticed this year that the new growth on the plant is VERY curled--I would even say it looks twisted and deformed. It has been hot here but not really unusually so. I water the plant about once a week if it has not rained. It seems to be otherwise healthy, though fairly short and squat this year, and the mature leaves look normal (to me) with no discoloration. It almost seems like it was sprayed with weed killer or something but I have not used any kind of chemicals in any part of the yard, and also I noticed recently that my Butterfly Bush in another garden looks the same way while other nearby plants (Rose of Sharon included) are doing great this year. Any thoughts on what this could be? Any other information I can provide? The plant obviously seems very stressed and I'm afraid it won't bloom, or even that it won't winter over this year. Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated! I am in zone 5.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH