SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rabbithutch_gw

Companion Planting Herbs in Pots

rabbithutch
10 years ago

Hello All!

This is my first post on any of these forums. I am retired and dabble in gardening using only potted plants (because I live in a drought area and because I'm old and lazy).

Usually, I buy herb plants and bring them home and pot them. Some flourish and some die. That is about the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

I bought several packets of seeds over the past weekend including basil, parsley, cilantro/coriander, tarragon, rosemary and chives. I will get a small bay tree and intend to buy seed for sage, as well.

The packaging instructions tell me that now is the time to plant the seeds. Instead of having each in its own pot, I was hoping to be able to plant 2 or 3 different herbs in an appropriately sized planter or pot. What I don't know is whether or not there are any that should not be planted together as companion plants. They will be in post in a location that receives full sun for at least most of the day with shading occurring in late afternoon.

Any advice you can share with me will be greatly appreciated and gratefully received. If you have suggestions for other herbs I might enjoy - it's a kitchen garden of sorts - please tell me.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x