SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_yeoman

A new way to trade heirloom seeds between the US and UK?

john_yeoman
13 years ago

Would anyone care to trade heirloom vegetable seeds with me in the UK? Before 2004, when the US phytosanitation laws started to bite, I happily exchanged hundreds of heirloom seeds via US forums to share with members of my UK heirloom gardening club The Gardening Guild.

(I think I am personally responsible for the present glut of Mother's Six Week beans in the south of England!)

Nowadays I can legally receive seeds in the UK from the US or anywhere else (or mail them throughout the EC). But I cannot mail seeds to the US. (Smuggling them past Customs in hollowed out copies of Poe's The Purloined Letter was frowned upon, I found.)

Solution: I would happily provide a free copy of my book The Lazy Vegetable Grower to anyone who cares to mail me interesting heirloom varieties of, say, tomatoes or legumes. It sold 6600 copies in paperback at $20 so I suppose it's a mini 'best seller'. I could email it as a pdf or downloadable ebook.

The seeds would go to a good home: the many heirloom-growing enthusiasts at the Gardening Guild.

If that idea is of interest, please let me know what seeds you might have to trade. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Gardening Guild

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County