SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiddyplanter

Severely stunted lavender/Old rosemary cutting

KiddyPlanter
11 years ago

Okay, first off, hi everyone!=) I'm new here! Just your average university student who just grows plants in her bedroom for fun! I'm not one of those super growers who grow huge super healthy plants, just whatever I can balance on my window sill and chest of drawers...=P Anyways, here are my questions:

1) So basically, this past year I've been super busy, and have a shortage of growing space in my room... I had sown 10 lavender seeds in a small 100g yoghurt cup last summer, and one germinated and grew as much as a teeny yoghurt cup will allow. I kept procrastinating, thinking I would pot it up later, but I never did till today! Omg! I know!=0 I was just wondering if such a severely stunted lavender can recover and grow to a full sized lavender? It's had one 3" main branch and two 2" side branches for a long long time...=X

2) Last fall, I took a 6" rosemary cutting from my mom's plant that wasn't doing too hot. I stuck it into a medium sized 175g yogurt cup with soil, watered it, and soon gave up on the idea because it didn't seem like it was going to work out (plus it's a super lopsided cutting. Very unbalanced). But of course I just left it there, watered it at random times, let it dry out at other times. The thing is, the leaves are still green, and it MIGHT have grown a teeny bit at the tip. Is it possible for a cutting of rosemary doomed to never grow roots and rot away stay green for so many months? Or is there some chance it actually (by some miracle) grew roots? I haven't dared to pull it out to check because some people say they've killed their cuttings by checking. Should I leave it in the cup till there is some action? (growth or death... LOL) Or should I repot it?=0

I'm not too good with repoting my plants cause the widest my window sill (where the sun comes in) can support is the diameter of the base of a disposable plastic cup. And the premium drawer space in front of my window is reserved by my sundews, sarracenia, lithops, aloe, and peppers...=P

Anyways, hope someone can help me with my questions, even though I really asked them more out of curiosity than anything!=) I will wait and see how my lavender reacts, but the rosemary staying green really makes me wonder!=D

Comments (5)