SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spigi

Need a Gardener/Consultant in Athens

spigi
16 years ago

I have a pretty big yard (about 2 acres) that is in desperate need of more time and knowledge than I currently have. When I moved into the house the grounds were beautifully manicured and contained a wide variety of plants and trees. I am slowly learning about everything I have, but I still need some help.

Ideally I need someone who can spare an hour or two each week to keep on top of basic weeding and plant care. They should be able to teach me what I need to know to keep everything alive and thriving and tell me what other plants and trees would be good additions.

I also have a pretty decent sized vegetable garden that produced more food (tomatoes, squash, zuccini, peppers, egg plant, corn, cabbage, melon, radish, lettuce, cucumber, peas and beans) than I could possibly consume. Some things grew with little or no care, others seemed to need constant attention to thrive. Unfortunately, I was really in the dark about what and when to fertilise. Or whether my problem was due to insects or other pests and diseases.

Does anyone have any ideas or would like to take on the task? I was even wondering if any students of agriculture/horticulture at UGA would be interested. I don't know who to contact to ask though.

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. I hope this doesn't constitute advertising. I'm just a neophyte gardener in need of professional help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored