SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenpoppy

HAVE: 2009 Spring Swap in Marine City May 23rd

gardenpoppy
15 years ago

I'm sure there are many of you that are as sick of snow snow snow and cold cold cold as I am. Therefore, I thought I would get us all thinking of springtime by announcing 2009 Spring Swap. Mark your calendars!

It will be held downtown Marine City, by the new town clock. Address is 475 S. Water St. Google Riviera Restaurant in Marine City 48039 and you will be able to find it. You are welcome to call me at 586 337 7498 if you get lost, or want additional info, or just to say hello! You can email me privately at gardenbabe@comcast.net too.

Date: Sat. May 23rd, 2009

Time: Noon, swapping begins sharply at 12:30pm. This gives us all time to check in and check out all the participants plants.

What to bring: Perennials, annuals, seeds, bulbs, houseplants, garden books, door prize (optional)

Details: Door prize can be anything garden related or not. You will receive a ticket and tickets will be drawn during the swap.

Seeds will be traded 10 packs=1 plant

Bulbs will be traded 1 large bulb=1 plant

Bulbs will be traded 5 medium bulbs=1 plant

Small bulbs will be traded 10 bulbs=1 plant

Garden books can be traded 1 book=1plant

Plant details: Please label your plants if possible.

Bring a table if you want, or just line them along the sidewalk. If it rains, the swap will be held in my garage at 241 S. Second St. I have only had it rain at two of my swaps, and they still turned out great! Gardeners arent afraid of rain anyways :) hehehe

As with all my swaps, this will be round robin style. I firmly believe that this method ensures everyone to receive at least a couple of plants they really want.

Don't have any plants to swap? Don't worry, come anyways, enjoy the beautiful waterfront of Marine City, meet new garden friends, and don't be surprised if you come home with a few new plants and invitations to gardeners homes to help thin out their plants, get ideas, give tips on planting seeds, etc.

After the swap, anyone that wants to see my gardens are welcome to come over for appetizers and some nice garden conversation. Please bring your own drink if you want something other than water or koolaid. I will be opening my seed box stash to everyone at this time.

If you plan on attending, please let me know if possible, so I know how much appetizers to make, and if attending the swap only, please let me know so I know approximately how many name tags to make, etc.

Donations of extra pots or anything else garden related is welcomed and there will be a place designated so everyone can help themselves.

Lastly, there will be a fall plant swap to be announced later and held September 19th. This will probably be at Lori's in Washington Twp

Comment

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio