SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenlemoine

Pumpkins dying even after hand pollination!! What's going on?

jenlemoine
14 years ago

Ok...I I tried to let mother nature do her thing the first time. Well that pumpkin didn't get pollinated. We have been having lots of rain so no bees. So it eventually aborted the vine.

My 2nd pumpkin I din't want to do the same, so I hand pollinated it with the pollen from 2 male flowers. I thought this was going to be it. That I would have a pumpking growing. Everything looked good this morning, only for me to come home from work to find the bottom of the pumpkin sunk in & brown. I then gently feel the bud and it is soft to the touch & it is starting to lose the nice green color it once had. I am afraid that this pumpkin is also a loss.

So my 3rd pumpkin (these are all opening within 1 week of eachother)I hand pollinate as well...same old rain. (BTW The pumpkins are covered by a rain guard I put up so they don't get too much water)I won't know if it took or not. I just pollinated it yesterday.

What am I doing wrong #1 & #2 why are they dying?

How can I tell if my pumpkin got pollinated before it starts to die...is there any signs to look for?

Please help!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored