SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashli_gw

How do you get rid of ground cover?

ashli
15 years ago

Several years ago DH was given Periwinkle ground cover...I admit that the little blue blooms are pretty...and planted in the right-place...like under our pine trees ?...maybe would look ok...but he planted them among other trees on the left side of the house and too close to his little rock garden...Anyway, they've sprouted everywhere!...Must be Kudzu's relative... invading my Rose bushes, ects. I don't mind them under the trees, but they can't be contained.

I'm afraid the only answer I'm going to receive is that I have to pull them up by their roots...I have done alot of that... I've used weed and grass killer on them...poured vinegar over them...sprayed the plants with Round-Up...and they seem to thrive on it!..ha...Of course I can mow some of them down...Any solutions to getting rid of them, instead of crawling around on my knees and pulling them out of the ground...Too bad the JB's don't like them...(Aren't the JB's early this year? They've been in our yard for at least two weeks now)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH