SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
everlasting_gw

Recycling paper bags

everlasting
16 years ago

I have this really ugly armoire made out of that pressboard with fake looking wood on top. I hate it. I knew that if I painted it I would have to buy primer and use that first.

My sister learnt from a lady about decopaging with paper bags. That lady used paper bags on her coffee table I believed. My sister used paper bags to decorate her whole dining room.

Well, I decided to update the ugly armoire.

While I dont know if cheap off-brand white glue is green (?) I had alot of it along with many paper bags.

I ripped the paper bags up and then smeared glue on the armoire. I put the paper bags on and covered them with glue too. I began running out of glue, so I watered it down a bit and that worked even better, as it made the glue easier to spread. The whole think looks awesome. Someone could do it so the paper is cut into perfect smooth squares like a patchwork quilt, but I wanted mine to have texture, so I wrinkled the paper. It's wrinly and rustic!

My sister stained the paper bags all over her dining room a dark rich brown. I think I will use paint for mine, or just leave it natural. If I do use paint, the glue should give it a crackle finish.

Or, I also use the paper bags in the garden to kill off weeds....

But, I am running out of paper bags, because now I use canvas bags whenever I grocery shop. So, no more paper bag recycling for me. Now I save trees! Still I thought someone out there might like this idea of they have a bunch of brown paper bags stored in their house, so thats why I posted this!

sammie

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions