SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Rain, rain go away and return another day

shive
10 years ago

It's been raining here for more than two days, and I'm ready for it to stop. For the first day and a half I was thankful I didn't have to water. But now it's messing up my pollenation plans bigtime. Unfortunately it looks like at least one more day of thunderstorms. I'm still amazed by the changes cool temperatures have made in the blooms. Colors look saturated, some oversaturated, and it even changed the shapes of some blooms.

My older Lambertsons have lost the blueness of their eyes, but the patterning is intense, and I like the shapes.

EYES A BLUE

METALLIC BLUE EYES

TIFFANY JEWELS had her ffo today in the rain. I've never seen the color this dark in the five years it's bloomed here.

TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC really looked brown today. Now I can see why Moldovan thought of a teddy bear viewing it in his own garden.

LAST SNOWFLAKE just laughed at the rain and went on being beautiful.

INDY FLING

WOODSMAN

WESTBOURNE LITTLE LAMB

And here are a couple from drier days this week.
CARY GRANT

DESPERADO LOVE

I'll leave you with one last rain drenched photo. The best purple left in my garden last night after 15 hours of rain was my seedling, Cosmic Sensation X Alan Lane Agin. Even Bela Lugosi had brown streaks. Linda Beck was nothing but brown. But this one held it's color.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 12:57

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations