SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Daylilies From the Past Few Days

avedon_gw
11 years ago

I think I have posted any new daylilies that have bloomed, so these will be re-runs. Because of the heat and continued drought, I'm not sure just how much longer our bloom season will be. I am going to throw in a few other garden pictures, just for "funsies". Avedon

Buttered Popcorn with five petals and sepals. I don't think I have even seen this happen on this daylily.

Orchid Corsage single taken this morning abour 7:45. The skies are overcast, so more color.

How about triplets of Orchid Corsage? Also taken this morning.

Susan Weber taken yesterday. The heat seems to have bleached out the color of the edge.

Julianna Lynn taken this morning--this one does have all the color on the edge--looks good. There are numerous buds left on the two scapes this plant has right now. I have been impressed with this one.

Voila Francois taken this morning. There may be some raindrops on it, since we had a little shower last night.

My "Renoir" Seedling. This one is holding up to the heat pretty well, although the blooms are not as big now as when the temps were cooler.

"Renoir" seedling Twins

Nice bloom on the "Bold Tiger Lookalike"

Coal Miner's Magic, one of the best blooms I have seen on this plant.

Periwinkles and Sundial in the Swimming Pool Garden. These flowers have done well in the heat, and give us some nice color.

One of the Orienpet lilies, Scherezade. with downward facing flowers. I was almost flat on my back getting this picture. Usually, the stalks are very tall, over our heads, so we can look up and see the flowers, but not this year because of the excessive heat and not so much water.

{{gwi:845701}}

The only phlox we have, much loved by butterflies.

Closing out with Zeke drinking out out of his favorite water souce, the watering can. He loves it when he can get his water this way. I think we will have to buy one just for him.

Comments (10)