SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Four evergreen shrubs, slightly out of the ordinary, needed!!

girlgroupgirl
18 years ago

Hi:

I have space for 4 evergreen shrubs, and I'd like to try and find something either very oldfashioned, or slightly out of the ordinary.

One has to be lower growing. It could be a short groundcover to 5' but no taller. It doesn't have to bloom, but bloom would be nice. This could be just an old fashioned type shrub. I plan to put a snowball bush on the other side of it, beside it are a pink fringe bush and right now a rose and a rose of sharon although they will be moving at some point.... This is mainly in full - sun, and will be left pretty much to it's own devices...no extra water once established.

The other tree shrubs need to be 4-6' tall, and also evergreen for screening. Flowering, especially in pink would be very nice. They could be a variety of pinks. These shrubs are to be very low care, and to go between the fence and the three styrax trees. The styrax don't really create a huge amount of shade, (nor privacy) and the soil is OK, but can get very dry back in there. Mostly full sun, especially HOT afternoon sun. I'd prefer these to be something that you don't see every day.

I really am not up on shrubs. I try, but there are so many new introductions, and I'm always finding out about old fashioned shrubs I'd never even heard of before, maybe someone has great ideas. I know there are some shrub people who occassionally paruse this forum!

THANK YOU!

GGG

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting