SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

some success with new bed project from last fall

deangreen
15 years ago

just a quick post, for anyone who remembers me tilling up my yard last fall and planting new daylilies. Or if you remember me posting that I'm in kabul this summer and NOT with my yard, and I'm not seeing anything but what photos my parents send me, (which are few, but who can expect them to understand wanting to see each flowers daily show of blooms, ha)... ahhhh but things are being kept watered, and I will clean it all up this fall and be ready for next summer to see the second year on new seedling.yeah!

SO here is a before and after picture of my front corner bed that I expanded last fall. You can see how small some daylilies are and how fast and nice they grew in this spring, so I must have done something right in the tilling and amending.(please i can't be held responsible for the weeds and last years winter kale in the bed.)

also, I wanted to share this photo of Siloam Rhinestone, not the greatest bloom but i still love the color, it's the flower i was so excited to get last fall, and then NOT be able to pollenate anything with this summer. next year, next year, ...... sigh.

Comments (4)