SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faeriegardenmum

New Garden-English/Mediteranian? Southern Style?

We have some major work going on with a retaining wall, two level terraced garden, w/long deep steps, columns,etc. It seems pretty grandios for me and the style of the house, I'd say it sort of got out of hand. We had to grade, plant grass, install sprinklers, drip,etc. just to make our back yard a hospitable place, for any living, breathing thing. To do all that and get the water away from the house, making a terraced garden seemed to make sense. I didn' want it to feel like the back parking lot at Wal-Mart, or look like a business or industrial park, because that same kind of retaining wall brick is all we could afford, and they don't make 90 degree corners we ended up with Very expensive paver stacked columns. Of course I can visualize, feel it, even smell what I have in mind, but we are totally exposed, so it will have be the right plants. I plan to mix evergreen and flowering shrubs, woody herbs and a large sturdy metal rose arbor on the top level. A few shrubs roses, perennials, herbs, and vegetables on the lower level. Having had 4 spinal surgeries in Nov, and more planned as soon as this craziness has stopped, it will all be easier to access, from a wheel chair( just kidding about the chair, not yet, anyway). I have to keep any bending and lifting at 0-minimal for another 6 mos or so. Can someone walk me through posting the photos again. ANY help and ideas would very appreciated. Oh yeah, it was all decided a little over a week ago, so I had three days to come up with a plan for the wall, and I am under a lot of pressure to pick plants. They are in a hurry to get it done, but they don't realize it's not about landscaping, but creating a garden. We all know that, they don't.

Comments (7)

Sponsored