SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollywog_gw

Is it too late?? (peonies and lilies)

17 years ago

Hi everybody!! Been so busy that I haven't had time to post (again!!) for a looooooong time. However, I recieved a big box in the mail a week or so back and I finally found time to open it and examine the contents yesterday. I discovered that it contained about 40 asiatic lily bulbs and at least a half a dozen peony tubers that I had forgotten I'd ordered from Breck's (perhaps because I ordered them last JUNE!). So now I'm wondering...is it safe to plant them? They are in the typical plastic packaging with peat or something like that. it's been quite warm here, but from what I hear it is supposed to snow tomorrow (I'll believe it when I see it). The weather here is so strange and can vary drastically from day to day...20's one day and then 60 or so the next. My daylilies are actually sprouting new growth (another topic for a totally different post, I'm sure). So anyways, before I get too OT, can anyone tell me what they think about the peony/lily situation? I'm afraid to make a move without advice from all of you!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored