SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Do you have different types of gardens...or everything combined?

lavender_lass
11 years ago

Am I the only one who has different types of gardens? At least I call them different types, but they all seem to have roses...so maybe not as different as I imagine :)

One garden is under the two plum trees and looks like a little wilderness garden, but is full of peonies, coneflowers, bulbs, butterfly bushes and a few roses...mostly ramblers. There are also woodland strawberries under the roses, but these are all in the middle of the bed, to hide them from the deer.

Another garden (my newest one) has a miniature pine tree and lots of shrubs and groundcovers...but a few roses made it into the back of the bed. In front of the house, we have roses mixed with bee balm, lavender, salvias, daisies, coneflowers, bulbs, other herbs, etc. I think they look the most 'cottage' style. The fairy garden (on the side of the house) has a bit more shade and lots of bee balm and sweet woodruff..with a few columbine in the shady beds. There's a grass path, then in the sun there are more roses (surprise! LOL) with butterfly bushes and a few white lilacs in the back (to keep the deer out) daisies, bellflower, conflowers, potpourri herbs, and anything else that I can't fit in anywhere else :)

So, what about your gardens? Do you mix everything together? Have different types of flowers in different beds...or maybe one or two flowers that end up in every bed? Thanks in advance, for the responses!

Comments (11)

Sponsored