SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Any plants for next years garden?

If you guys are anything like me you will already have started to make plans for next years garden! So, do you have any big plans? Making any new spaces or re-doing old ones? Any interesting projects?

Well, I think I may be done digging out grass and making new beds! There comes a point when you feel you have just enough and more would be too much. This past summer/fall I partially "gutted" the front bed by the roses. The roses stayed, as well as a couple other things I either liked there or wouldn't do well elsewhere. This is a difficult spot to work with. It is on the south side of the house and a sort of micro climate, so everything is a couple weeks early in comparison to the back yard. Plus it is in FULL blazing sun and everything looks horrible come summer.

So this spring I plan to add some colorful/ornamental veggies and annuals amongst the perennials still there. So far I plan to maybe put a couple of tomatoes (one called 'Speckled Roman' which has yellow wavy streaks!) , Peppers 'Chinese Five Color', 'Fish', and 'Black Pearl'. Maybe some red cabbage too. And if I don't end up liking it I can always put more perennials back in there. Ones that look good all the growing season and can also stand up to getting hit with the sprinkler!!

Then I also am thining of making some large hypertufa troughs. There is another difficult spot in the front yard on the shade side. Along the foundation it is so DRY. Nothing much will survive there, even with frequent watering. Anything that does live gets promptly buried by cats that like to do their buisness in the sandy soil!! I am thining of making a few of these 'tufa troughs to put along the back there. Maybe fill them with mini hostas and diminutive shade lovers. Not sure how it will work out, since I don't always have the best track record when it comes to crafty projects, LOL!

How about you guys? Any plans for next year?

CMK

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES