SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rootdiggernc

NC-Greensboro/High Point Plant Swap May 5, 2007

rootdiggernc
17 years ago

Here's the info...

What: The Spring Plant Swap for the Greensboro/High Point and surrounding areas

Where: Oak Hollow Park - Shelter #1 (directions below)

When: May 5th 2007

What time : The shelter is ours from 11 to 3. We can get there earlier and I'd like to suggest a 10:30 set up time and we'll start the swapping at 12:00.

This is the same place that we held it last fall. We'll stick pretty close to the way we've learned to do things at the Raleigh Swap, so if you've been to that then you have a good idea of how things will be. I'll try to remember the bell this time!

There are bathrooms and a playground for the kiddies right next to our shelter. Since the playground is right beside the shelter it might be best if the kids are not in the shelter during the main swap. Don't want anyone to get squooshed or hurt.

I don't have John's extensive knowledge of plants so I thought we'd let the people that bring the plants answer any questions that you may have before we begin. If you've arranged a special trade it would be easiest to do that in the parking lot near your cars. We should be small enough to do it this way for now.

There is a handicap ramp next to the shelter. If some of you have kid's wagons it makes it easier to unload. I'll try to locate and bring one for any of you that don't have one.

Would you all like to do a potluck this year or hotdogs and fixins? I think I can persuade my hubby to man the grill if we decide on hotdogs.

Now for the directions!

From east of Greensboro take I-40 west to exit number 210 which is the High Point/PTI Airport exit. Turn left going towards High Point (not towards the airport). Turn right if you're coming from west of Greensboro. This is Hwy 68. It's 5 miles from the exit to the park. You'll see the Drexel Heritage Furniture building on your right and the very next drive/road is it. There's a Law office (Wyatt, Early, Harris and Wheeler) right across the road from it. If you see the sign for the Jesse Haywood Washburn Memorial Dam then you've just passed it. There is a second entrance just past that sign but it takes you to another part of the park..

Once you've found the entrance there are only 2 shelters in this area and we're in #1. This is part of the Oak Hollow Dam/Lake on Hwy 68/Eastchester in High Point. Hope to see everyone there!! Thanks, Deborah

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County