SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

have: atlanta area gw plant trade, sat. april 19th!!

girlgroupgirl
16 years ago

Hey Everyone:

We're having the Atlanta Area Gardenweb Plant Trade and luncheon at my house in the East Atlanta area (I20 and Moreland) on Sat. April 19th at 11 am (to allow for distance travel).

Everyone registered on GW is invited to attend and of course, bring a family member or two if you'd like. However, please be aware that my yard isn't the safest for little running ones or people with mobility problems (and I do not have washroom access for wheelchairs, I'm sorry to say). If someone wants to come who needs better accessibility, please email me through GW because we could use a different location close for you. When you post here you will be put on the mailing list for my personal information which I email to you. Please do not share my personal info. with anyone. Please MAKE SURE that your email is unblocked on GW. This means you need to find your member page and change your settings so that an email can be sent OR you need to email me through GW with your email address and please state your GW "name" or handle in your message to me. Thanks! I will email my information only to people who are registered members of GW.

Everyone is invited to bring their extra plants, seeds, rooted cuttings, old garden magazines/books, old tools, nice garden accoutrement's you no longer wish to keep but think someone might enjoy...I do ask that no garden chemicals come on the property here as we are chemical and pesticide free.

Consider also that many of us are once again under severe restrictions for water but can water food plants, and have plenty of space for drought tolerant things.

We trade two ways. On this thread we will arrange pre-trades . This means that you will offer plants here and plan to exchange them with an individual here. Then you will get that persons plants together, boxed or bagged and labeled separately and place them in the designated location when you get here.

We also have a "Free for All" trade which starts at 11:30 ON THE DOT this year. You bring in all your plants which aren't designated for a specific person and put them with other plants in categories like "Sun Perennials" or "Fruits, veg". I will have signs for each area. We don't take any plants until 11:30, and then I will call "GO AND GET "EM" and you go take what you like. This pretty much goes on until everything is done with.

To effectively trade, you will need to label all your plants with as much info as you can. Botanical Name, (if you don't know ahead of time, just ask on the forum!), "common name", color, height, sun or shade. Annual or perennial. You need to know if your plant is: sun, shade, annual, perennial, edible/herb, shrub etc.

After trading we eat what we have brought to share pot-luck. I have a fully working kitchen we can use for the trade, however if you bring meat that needs heating, you'll need to bring either a crock pot, or pan or something to heat it in as we are vegetarian and so is our cookware, lol. I will supply all cutlery, napkins, cups, plates, hot coffee, hot and cold teas, milk, sugar and also dairy free "milks". I will also supply gluten free lunch foods. Please feel free to bring what you like to share!

I will not post my personal information here. It will be available early the first week of April for emailing!

Please ask any questions ahead of time!!

GGG

Comments (25)

Sponsored