SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

wanted: atl area plant trade: may 4, 2013

girlgroupgirl
11 years ago

Atlanta area Plant Trade May 4th 2013
We'll gather between 10-11 pm, officially trading between 11-1 with a pot luck lunch.
I plan to run this trade as the others i have held:
You can set up personal trades 1-1, please box or bag those separately for the individual you are giving them to. We will have a place set aside for each trader to keep their pre-trades.

We have an open trade for about an hour, where people can bring almost anything (I ask that you do not bring chemicals or plants that are considered undesirably invasive - unless they are 1-1 trades, then you can of course do as you wish!!!). You bring 10 plants, you can take 10 plants unless there are left-overs and then you can take more!
we can trade:
plants of all kinds
seeds
fun things like pretty pottery, tools, watering cans, bird houses etc.
books and magazines garden related
helpful items like bags of home compost, or worm "stuff", small containers of neem oil etc.

pretty much anything garden related.

There will be areas set aside to group your openly traded plants eg. "sun perennials" "edibles and herbs" "annuals", "house plants".

Please bring food to share and a utensil for serving. A chair to sit in outdoors, your plants and your 1-1 trades all individually bagged or boxed, flats or boxes to take your goodies home in!

I supply the place, the toilets (ha ha), drinks, dishes/cutlery/cups and clean up :)

We are pretty much a gluten free household so I can't offer you things like serving utensils but I we have an oven to heat, a kettle....and will have recyclable/compostable goods for eating from and healthy beverages to drink. If you enjoy traditional sodas like coke & pepsi please bring them, we will have fruit soda (and perhaps some snappy -non-child-friendly) punch.
Children and pets: please let your pets remain at home, and please let your small children remain at home also. I'm just not equipped on property (holes in the back yard, etc) nor in the house to have kids younger than 11 or so. It's really not all that fun a day for most kids anyway.
It's all perfectly fine for adults :)

Closer to the trade date, in April I will contact people posting here who are registered GW members who have said they would like to come to the trade, I'll give you my address and phone number at that time, but you must be a GW registered member and I would actually prefer that you have taken the effort to add some information to your personal page. After all, I'm giving you my home address.

Please post your trade lists on this forum, and arrange your pre-trades here.

Thanks, all!
girlgroupgirl

Comments (26)

Sponsored