SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snaglpus

Gino's and Marseilles VS good strain

Merry Christmas everyone! I have purchased a couple of trees and cuttings from my good friend Herman2/Vasile in NJ. About a month ago, I started a few test cuttings and I want to report some of my results after about 2 months. I started a few Gino's fig, Marseilles VS, Parasido, Hardy Chicago, Blue Celeste, and Violette de Bourdeaux. The cuttings that started right away was VdB. Parasido and HC was next. Just a few days ago, Gino's and MVS are just now starting to leaf out which does not mean much until I see roots. These cuttings took 6 weeks. However, I think a big part why is do to excess moisture using a perlite/vermuculite mix. The plain perlite proved to be the best. At the moment, I don't see roots on MVS but I do see roots on Gino's. BC has not started at all but I do see a tiny green bud starting. And I do see roots on the others! Gino's and MVS are tough to start from cuttings but so far so good! These are good strains! However, I must say I keep my house at around 71 degrees except at bedtime which it drops down to a constant 68. I moved the cuttings to my office and added a small baseboard heater and set the temperature to a constant 73 in that room. Within 24 hours the MVS's growth doubled. I also added a digital thermometer/ humidity guage which also helped the growth. When I started these cuttings the temps outside was still in the 60s and the weather outside was pleasant. But 2 weeks ago, the rains came and so did the 20s and 30 degree cold temperatures.

My coworker just moved here from Canada. I told him about the MVS. He corrected me in the pronouncation. He said it is pronounced "MarSAY" He's building a house here in the Carolinas. I plan on growing a cutting for him as a gift to add to his landscape. Thank you Herman2 for MVS and Gino's! Merry Christmas! Dennis

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County