SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakkom

Your useful garden tools

jakkom
14 years ago

Beyond the usual pruners and clippers, I've found a few things that have made my gardening much easier. What tools or clever gadgets have you found useful? I thought an exchange of ideas might be helpful for all of us.

This first one is an O-Cedar outdoor broom I found at OSH. I have a rough-surfaced patio that gets a ton of leaves dumped on it every fall from a trash silver maple. This is the only broom I've discovered that does the clean-up without a lot of effort. The bristles are a stiff plastic, thicker than normal bristles, and the handle is very comfortable.

{{gwi:759259}}

The next is an inexpensive pair of "garden claws". I don't like those noisy blowers, and I found these for under $10. They scoop up dead leaves easily, and are lightweight enough that they're easy to work with.

{{gwi:759261}}

I have trouble finding shoes to fit, but finally found these 'muck shoes' at a discount website. They're men's shoes actually, but I have wide feet and the extra-small fits me perfectly. They're comfortable and very non-slip, which is critical for clumsy people like me!

{{gwi:759263}}

I have one of these and it's been misplaced. I know it's around somewhere, so I need to hunt around for it. It is more bowl-shaped than a regular trowel, and has a serrated, pointed edge (not sharp enough to be a real danger) that helps dig through our heavy clay soil. It doesn't take the place of a regular trowel, but I find it particularly useful in weeding my crowded garden beds.

{{gwi:759265}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored