SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lenfocenter

A Bird Nest In My Hanging Basket With My Fuchsias!

lenfocenter
19 years ago

Hey all,

I wanted to share a couple photos I took this morning with all of you.

A few weeks ago I purchased a couple hanging baskets that have a variety of flowers in them, but my favorites are some small compact fuchsias in the very center.

Well, a few days back I started noticing this little bird flying out of one of the baskets every time I came outside.

So I investigated and noticed two little eggs in a small nest. then yesterday I noticed three eggs and this morning there were FOUR little blue eggs in the nest!

I am so excited, yet also scared. What if I need to set the basket on the ground if a storm is coming? And also, with me coming and going all the time and her flying out from her nest each time, what are the chances of her abandoning her eggs?

The hanging basket is only a few feet from my door (I live on the second floor of an apartment building and that is the only entrance to my place).

If there is a good possibility she will wind up abandoning the nest, I'd rather that happen now than after the eggs hatch.

Sorry this is not a specific Fuchsia post, but I hoped it might be of interest to all.

Please be kind as I'm new here and if there is a forum where I can ask about such things more properly, a kind direction would be greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah, I do not know what Fuchsia is in the basket, so if anyone has an idea, please advise.

Many thanks!

{{gwi:789421}}

{{gwi:789422}}

{{gwi:789424}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES