SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesky7_gw

Cukes/Taters/Tom & Cath/any Member

bluesky7
14 years ago

Hi Guys,

We've been enjoying tasty heirloom tomatoes (must have gotten at least 150) from five plants and still more on them. Eating crisp leaf lettuce for the past several weeks, not to mention tasty green beans. The blueberries are getting so large and yes, leaving them on a few days longer DOES sweeten them up!

Tom, a year or so ago, you swapped me some cuke seeds. I planted them a month or so ago (cold weather delayed sprouting) but now they are up and at 'em! The thing is, they appear to be the vining type and have nice yellow blossoms, but no fruit yet. The plants are about 18 to 24 inches long. Do they have to get a bit bigger before setting cukes?

Now about the potatoes. I have a great red tater in a pot with lovely foliage and I can tell there's some BIG red potatoes underneath! I also planted an eyed potato (white) and it's a few inches tall. My nephew always says to 'hill' them which I'm doing. Anyone know if you just keep piling the soil around the plant as it grows? I actually grew potatoes about 15 years ago, but sort of forgot if this is the correct process.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Sheri :)

Comments (4)