SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
derrick1p1

Start of a cottage garden-need advice please!

derrick1p1
15 years ago

I've been in my house for 2 years in an older neighborhood. Most homes are either bungalows or in a larger "craftsman style" architecture. My yard was the typical contractor suburban yard with only a few box woods/holly around the foundation and one small Maple in the front yard. I have added climbing roses (several varieties), peegee Hydrangeas, small raised edible gardens, and an apiary in the back. I just removed and replaced over 5000lbs of clay soil and created beds around my entire yard. It is still sparse, but I want an informal garden that still looks attractive (some of the pictures I've found on here are amazing...your yards are beautiful). All of my immediate neighbors have the typical lawn I described earlier. They look almost barren, so I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb regardless of what I do. We fear having a yard that looks unkempt but want it to look mildy "wild". Does anyone have any suggestions and advice as I begin to move forward in earnest towards a more "cottage garden" style?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES