SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drappard

New to Forum and need info on one plant's leaf-tip-drying problem

drappard
17 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and a newby concerning fuchsias. I had one plant many years ago but lost it within a month. Now am trying again. Have acquired 5 different plants the past 2 months and already lost one I think...I have cut it back, placed in smaller pot, and moved to indoors hoping it will revive. The others seem to be doing fine and are in pots in yard neath shade of pecan tree getting some early morning sun. However, I am having problems with one of them(different problem than the one in rescue). This plant is an upright plant. Each day I find more leaf tips brown, dry, and slightly curled. No sign of investation that I can see... If left alone over a couple days, the whole leaf becomes dry/dead from the tip inward. So I keep pinching off those leaves when the tip starts to dry/brown. But this plant is becoming bare of leaves because of this. It is producing many new blooms though. I believe I'm watering correctly (cause the other plants seem fine, though they are a vine type). What may be the problem?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting