SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurelin_gw

Starting over (isn't that a song?)

laurelin
14 years ago

LOL, if there's a daylily by that name, I should get it.

Anyhow, we've finally moved into our new house, and I had to leave most of my daylilies behind. I brought perhaps a half dozen mature plants, a double handful of divisions, and a couple dozen seedlings from last year and the year before. I think I'll have some fun shopping for daylilies this fall - and I can start my wish list looking at the photos everyone is sharing now. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till my rescues bloom to figure out what I plunked where in the new yard (just to get them back in the ground - they were in pots or bareroot for a month and more since the closing was delayed), since I didn't tag them in the confusion of moving.

I think I'm not too far from Melanie Mason's gardens - I'll have to see them in person soon.

I'll try not to be a stranger here - we're still unpacking, painting, and trying to get my plants back in the ground, not to mention taking care of the kids and normal household stuff (and home schooling too). But each day this week I've been able to spend some time in the yard, carving new beds around the deck out of the blank slate we've been blessed with.

Laurel

Comments (10)