SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
italiangirl74

Looking for cuttings, memories of figs

italiangirl74
16 years ago

Ciao everyone. I just completed this trading section of this forum and listed a few cuttings I was trying to aquire. I wondered if anyone could help me. You can send me a reply at my email in my personnal page. I think its a good time now that many trees are dormant. I will maybe be able to trade next year when I alow mine to go dormant, but I could send money for anyones expense. I can't send a whole lot, but something for your time and effort anyway. I am trying to get back to my family tradition of fig growing, and I am just loving every minute of it. It brings back such good memories growing up and watching my grandparents, aunt and uncles taking care of their trees and eating them right of the branch. My grandfather was so meticulous in caring for the figs we had in our farm in italy, He did everything but tuck them in and kiss them goodnight!!!!!! Does anyone else have special fig memories growing up??? The digging of the hole was also a big deal when all the men in the family had the funeral for the fig and buried it till next year, that we did when we came to America with much harder winters. I have been in Pennsylvania since I was 5 , I'm on the wrong side of 30 now. Nonno ( Italian for grandfather ) brought a piece of the tree from the old country and grew it here. When he died, It died too, only a year later, My nonna said they were " joined at the trunk " they couldn't be without each other. I wonder if people who grow other trees get so attached as people do who grow figs. For some reason figs bring back such wonderful times for me. Now I settled down with my fiancee, ( an Italian american ) he is finally getting the bill for my Fig obsession, but he enjoys it as well I think. Well I go for now. Everyone, Ciao Ciao, Maggie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County