SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faltered_gw

Fall CG Seed Swap: October 28th deadline

faltered
18 years ago

Since a few of you have asked me when the deadline is, I thought I should post a reminder thread about the fall seed swap. And also some information for those of you that didn't see this before.

This fall we will be having a cottage garden seed swap- as far as I know, a first for this group.

The deadline to send seeds to me is October 28, 2005. That way I can work on sorting & dispersing them and you will have them before the holiday rush starts.

For those of you that are new or didn't see this before, a little explaination. Save seeds from your cottage garden flowers, shrubs, herbs, etc. Put aproximately 25 seeds in a seed packet. Include the name of the plant (both common and latin, if known), sun requirements, and hardiness information on the packet. You can also include any other information you have or feel like sharing. Be sure to put your GardenWeb name on the packet in case a recipient has a question about the seeds.

Then, take all of your little seed packets and put them in a padded envelope. Include an extra padded envelope that is addressed to yourself and includes the same amount of postage that you put on the outside envelope (this will be for return journey of your new seeds).

You may also include a brief want/wish list. Just jot down (legibly please!) on a piece of paper three seeds you would like to receive the most. I will try to fulfill at least one of everyone's wishes, depending on the seeds that are in the swap.

And, if possible, please include an extra stamp for the return journey of seeds to our non-American friends who would like to participate (Eduarda, Joy, Ann, etc.).

To obtain my address, please go to my member profile and email me. Title your email "CG Seed Swap" or something similar so I know what it's about.

I am really looking forward to this and it should be a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what you all send in.

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

Comments (10)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022