SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kippei

Dracaena Massangeana

13 years ago

Hello everyone,

Around 10 days ago after a lot of internet research I went and bought my, and my husband's, very first plant. It is a "Corn Plant" and I have such big hopes and dreams for this plant, we are newlly weds and we are both hoping that this little fellow will follow us through life.

Though I did a lot of research I feel very insecure. Is the plat known to show any signs of having changed enviroment? Except for a small accidental burn on one of the leaves (direct sunlight, I moved it as soon as I saw it and feel so guilty now) the plant doesn't really seem unhappy but when I bought it it was a green flawless plant, now I can see some scaring here and there (or am I just paranoid?).

The soil seems to have some kind of web growing on it and it looks disgusting, is this something bad or just what happens in a humid country?

Also I've heard that I shouldn't repot the plant but what if my ambition is to grown it bigger, wouldn't it need a bit more space to allow this? (Maybe the size of the pot isnt what decides this but..).

Thank you all for your time!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH