SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
token28001

The snake pit

token28001
14 years ago

I've got a slope. Along the driveway, perpendicular to the house, it gets about 2-3 hours of sun. Along the street, it gets none. The large oak tree is obviously an issue. Beyond the steps leading to the front door against the house, I have hucheras, gardenias, tea olives, knockout roses, lavender, artemesia, some grasses, and bluish salvias. I'd like something easy to maintain, not really a groundcover since this is too inviting for slitherers too close to the walkway, and something that doesn't require truck loads of mulch each year. I've considered several things, but I'll wait for suggestions before naming mine. Have at it. :)

Thanks.

Almost forgot, the ditch lilies at the end of the retaining wall will stay. The butterfly bush, volunteer tomato, vinca major, and other stray items will go. There are daylilies and coreopsis along the bottom of the retaining wall on both sides of the walkway. I like them there when they're blooming.

What it looked like 2 hours ago before the lawnmower claimed another victim. I don't ask snakes if they're good or bad. It's a snake. I don't like them and don't want them living where I walk at night.

Comments (15)

Sponsored