SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

Help with new bench garden area.

hbwright
17 years ago

I am so dependant on y'all. I have an area where I want to put a bench. It is right where I always end up putting my little plastic chairs to sit and watch the kids ride their bikes and play golf. I have no landscaping on this side because hubby wants it to be his little fairway practice area so I've agreed to leave it alone besides a small (unruley at the current time) rose garden by the house. I have a largish wooden/iron bench coming to me this weekend so I've put off starting this project long enough. The kicker. There are a bunch of underground wires in this area, some of them not to deep because of the light post there. So, I need to stick to either planters or seed, something that won't make me dig any more then I have to. My thoughts were to trench the outline and cover the rest with newspaper, cardboard, mulch, etc to kill off the grass over the winter and just do something in the spring. What do I do though come spring. I have a planter that I'll share a picture of, 4.00 on clearance and I got 2 of them and I'm planning on putting tulips (again a great deal on 40 bulbs) in the planters until summertime when I'll put something else in there. I need more ideas. Would seed be my best bet or do you thing a pot ghetto would be a better idea? All I know is I want a bench there and obviously anything would be better then the terrible grass. It is also right on the border of my neighbors and the poor guy works so hard on his grass and doesn't have much luck but I'd like to be a litte considerate and choose something that won't reseed all over his property. Though if it did I would be considerate and appologetic enough to obviously take care of it myself. He's even given me permission to do something with the light post if I want (I would reiterate my plans with him though to make sure he is perfectly okay with it). The lightpost is on his property by only a couple inches. I'm also adding some pictures of the other side of the driveway so you will see what might look good and kind of fit in with the rest of the front yard area.

Planters (2 of them stacked)

Area where the bench will go, view from road---

and view from yard

Please help me. I'm clueless as to what I want to do here. I only want to use up the front corner of the side yard as a sitting area and landscape around it to make it match up with the rest of the yard, can't take up too much space on this side yard.

Comments (4)

Sponsored